Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Camaro and was looking to buy a 4 link suspension. I have read many threads where people are using RideTech and ChassisWorks 4 link suspension with various good review. However, I haven't read anyone using Heidts. Was curious to know what people thought about this. There was an article in Super Chevy about it and it seems pretty legit. They also offer a Currie 9" with the brackets already welded to housing which makes it much easier for people who don't weld and were going to replace the rear end anyway.

superchevy.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/sucp-0610-four-link-suspension-install/

heidts.com/part/67-69-f-body-firebird-rear-4-link-suspension-mini-tub/

Anyway, just curious if anyone installed this kit and liked it? Or does anyone else know who else offers a 4 link/9" rear end kit?

·
13,977 Posts
I personally like torque arm better. TCI and BMR among others offer nice kits.

Imho 4 link is more of a straight line set up

I've used TCI torque arm with the Ford 9" in 2 69s and like it. All brackets welded on the housing from TCI

I also really like the new ride tech street grip combo. Best bang for the buck

Reactions: Sheck44

·
Registered
781 Posts
I agree with John, Torque arm is easy to set up, LOTS of adjustability
Cannot beat the service from SpeedTech ... talk to Roger, he'll spend an hour with you if necessary

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info John. I have a couple more questions about your post

1. My car is going to be something I just cruise around in and take it to the drag strip every once in a while. Since I am not going to be auto-crossing or anything else crazy would you still think torque arm is the way to go?

2. I am concerned about the clearance issues of the TCI. Have you had any with your car?

·
13,977 Posts
Thanks for the info John. I have a couple more questions about your post

1. My car is going to be something I just cruise around in and take it to the drag strip every once in a while. Since I am not going to be auto-crossing or anything else crazy would you still think torque arm is the way to go?

2. I am concerned about the clearance issues of the TCI. Have you had any with your car?
No clearance issues.

For what you want I'd go with the RideTech Streetgrip System. $2500 and has everything for front and rear included.

1967-1969 Camaro StreetGrip System

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had a Heidts front end on a 34 Ford that I built. It came with the chassis that was from The Roaders Shop. The front end was nice and never gave me any trouble.

Vince

1 - 7 of 7 Posts