Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am just stopping in to say I'm BAAAACK!!! After a very long hiatus, i have been able to get back to the project, aka "The Other woman"
Lots of work ahead that i will be starting in the next few months;
do need a bit of advice tho.
Got alot of underside work that needs to be done, and i was looking at getting a Rotisserie online; however i have seen some that have made theirs for ALOT Less. At this point, i am all about saving a little bit of green, since i dont have near the income i used to. But i want to get this project started so it doesnt spend the NEXT 7 years in a storage unit. My plan right now is to get or build a rotisserie, get the body work knocked out, and start putting it together with a mixture of old parts, and new for worn/damaged stuff. I had planned to get a DSE, or TCI frame, as well as a Hardcore performance SBC 454, but at this time, i am going to re-use the stock subframe in the front, albiet some suspension, and steering hop-ups (rack and pinion anyone)
But back to the orginal topic, can anyone point me towards a good, safe homebuilt rotissirie? I have the tools and help to build it, weld if necessary, just need the plans to make it happen. The car is a shell right now, no frame, no interior, just sitting on a 4x4 wooden dolley/frame for movement.
Thanks for all your help, and look forward to talking to all of yall again. Its been over a year since i have logged in, and even longer since i have posted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
dave, welcome back and im sorry for all of your headaches..i think a lot of people have lost some income but hey, we are still alive and have food on the table..its all good, take it slow and one step at a time..when your not in a hurry, thats when you find the best deals..good luckto you and welcome back neighbor!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, i thought i was only one that called my hotrod the other women LOL
Thats the name that my Mother of all people gave it; and when i first met my wife, i told her that i needed to introduce her to her competition; she was upset until i took her to the garage, turned on the light, and she said "is this a joke" I told her no, this is my baby, and the chief competition for my attention. It has caused some heated arguments, but she is now 100% behind me now, which is good on my part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts