Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a new member who is just bringing home my first Camaro. I'm 60 years old, retired, and recently sold my 68 442 because it was done,I was bored with it and I wanted a convertible, well...., I'm leaving tomorrow to bring home my real 67SS convertible. Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll have a LOT of questions. Thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Any pics?

Also a lot of "real SS's" aren't real. If you want the fine folks here to help you spot a fraud before you finalize the purchase they can help. I'm just a lowely 6-banger owner so I'm pretty much useless in this regard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics yet, but I'll post them when I get it home. It looks pretty genuine to me. The cowl tag is obviously old and never been off the car. It does have the 4p option code. The car has a 20 year old repaint to hugger orange, which I know wasn't a 67 color and the original 350 is gone but I'm sure its real. It has sat for a long time in a garage in the south west and seems to have the proper patina. Thanks for the offer!

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
One thing you can check in about 15 minutes with a socket set: pull the rear seat and look for the X-77 chalk assuming it's a 68 or 69.

I'd just hate to see someone get burned and these guys can really tell you where to look quickly and easily before forking over that check. There's more SS/RS cars out there now than ever before!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Welcome! We love pics when you get them.

One thing you can check in about 15 minutes with a socket set: pull the rear seat and look for the X-77 chalk assuming it's a 68 or 69.
That would be for a Z28. He'd want to see X1, X4, X5...

·
19,889 Posts
Welcome to TC :beers:

StickandString ? BowHunter, by any chance ? Or a Fisherman ?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts

I'd just hate to see someone get burned and these guys can really tell you where to look quickly and easily before forking over that check. There's more SS/RS cars out there now than ever before!
Welcome! We love pics when you get them.

That would be for a Z28. He'd want to see X1, X4, X5...
According to the OP's post it's a 67 so no X codes as that's a 69 thing...

To the new guy, "Welcome to Team Camaro!"

Another site you might be interested in is the Camaro Research Group (or CRG for short). Bunch of guys on this site are registered there also.

·
Premium Member
19,674 Posts
Welcome Bill it's always nice to see another 67 owner on the site.

Roger

·
14,262 Posts

It's a 67 and X codes are only on Norwood Cars which would be on the never removed cowl tag too.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have a rs/ss 67 convertible. One thing about them when you are driving down the street and enjoying every mile it's not about it being real or not. Ninety out of 100 people will not know the difference and most will love it. Build it the way you want it to be and enjoy your time with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
congrats!!!! This TC forum is awesome!!!! some real TECH HEADS...with more knowledge than the encyclopedia! Everyone helped me alot with mu 68' RS SS 296......again welcome and enjoy! Dave:beers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts