Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the camaro world, as i have just acquired a 1976 LT model camaro, and have a 2005 Mustang GT with mods for a daily driver. Couldn't pass the chance at a real muscle car with the camaro though. I believe it has a 350 in it, i haven't seen it in person, so im going by word of the person i am buying it from who i know and trust. The body and frame are in very good condition, and have no rust. I would like to rebuild the motor in it, but being in the military, i don't really have a way to pull it and build it. Some people have told me"Build it in the car", which i have thought about. I guess i am wondering about any books or forum with a great direction on where to start in the tear down and build process. I am very familiar with engines, and how they work. I just have never taken a motor apart, and am looking forward to it this coming july when i get back home. Any assistance would be greatfuly appreciated. Thanks.

TJ

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
TJ, so glad to see that you have seen the light, and now have a real "muscle car".

Join the crew.

capt

·
Super Moderator
32,440 Posts
Welcome. Yes, you can rebuild, read re-ring and install new bearing shells, without pulling, but, if you're young, under 30, getting up & down ain't too bad for the bod if you were older.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts