Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a camaro nut since I was a kid. My dad and I bought my 68 RS for $1200 back in 1985 when I was 13 years old. It was badly beat up but had a running 327 with a 3-speed on the floor. We did a decent restoration (not frame off) through my high school years. Back then, we were able to buy GM sheetmetal!:thumbsup: Over the years, I have transplanted several different engine/tranny combos. Currently, the car has a bored .60 over 427 with a TKO 600. The car still has the Hugger Orange paint job from 1990, which still looks good.

Sometime in the future, I want to do another complete frame off restroration with my 6 year old son. One another note, when I bought mine in 1985, my Dad bought a 1967 RS/SS from the original owner and it has been sitting in his barn for 23 years! I'll be restoring his car one of these day too. :cool:

I hope to contribute some to the board. Thanks. Doug

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Welcome to Team CAMARO Doug :hurray:

You've found the best site on the web to interact with fellow Camaro-Folk :yes:
There are lots of other site members in the CO area - hopefully you will get a chance to meet-up with them at shows & etc. - you won't meet a better bunch of guys :noway:

Sounds like you've got some nice cars - pictures?
You might want to visit the 'Tag-Team' forum and post up the numbers for the CRG guys ( www.camaros.org ) - they keep a private data base to help document and track these cars.
Looking forward to you input in the forums :thumbsup:

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts