Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got registered and don't know if I am in the right place. New to this thing called internet. I am a Camaro owner since '78. I still own my high school hotrod. '68 SS 396. Has been mothballed for the last 15 years and I am now pulling it out to get her back on the road. Looking for a forum to help with all the questions I will be having on the restore. I thank you all in advance for your insite and possible advice on my true love. She is straight as an arrow but I want to do some upgrades to a few areas. Namely---Front end suspension, brakes, and underhood appearance. Looking forward to chatting with all you other Camaro heads.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Wow... 15 years in time suspension...glad to hear that your "true love" is back in your life.

If you treat her right she will be faithful to ya.

Welcome to TC.

capt

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Welcome,and congratulations on your gem!!!
It must be nice to rediscover it after so much time!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome aboard ! There is a ton of knowledge here.

Had my 67 tucked away for about 8 or 9 years.

Would hate to pay the bucks people are paying for these cars now.
You were smart hanging on to her.

John

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.:beers:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Another Camaro Saved

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just got registered and don't know if I am in the right place. New to this thing called internet. I am a Camaro owner since '78. I still own my high school hotrod. '68 SS 396. Has been mothballed for the last 15 years and I am now pulling it out to get her back on the road. Looking for a forum to help with all the questions I will be having on the restore. I thank you all in advance for your insite and possible advice on my true love. She is straight as an arrow but I want to do some upgrades to a few areas. Namely---Front end suspension, brakes, and underhood appearance. Looking forward to chatting with all you other Camaro heads.
Nice, welcome!
What kind of shape is she in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you fella's for your responses. Looking forward to your guys help and knowledge. One of the first things I am looking for is front end suspension. With the research I have done I have found some sites with the upgraded polyurethane bushings and such. Before I go to ordering from one of the sites does anyone have a suggestion for me to look at first? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks again, Dennis.:beers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK a little history on her---- Have owned her since '78. Was a daily driver till '85. Drag raced for another 5 to 6 years--- ya know Sunday out at the park. Best time---13.02 in the 1/4 mi. 108 mph. At that point I got interested in Harley's and my soon to be wife. My son came along and my Camaro took a further backseat. Was put in the garage and mothballed till recently. My son now is 15 and wants to know what a real American Muscle car is all about. The body is clean and straight. Interior is near perfect--- I always took exceptional care of her before the mothballing. Always in a garage out of the elements. Does need a paint job. Will redo the color I got her in--- Not original color but I fell in love with it. Pure virgin white with the dark blue racing stripes. Aqua interior. I do promise pictures as I progress. Ya allenjoy your Bowtie day, Dennis.

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Welcome,My son is 13 and loves every minute we work on my 69 him and my older brother are helping me with the exhaust. Almost ready to hit the road for the first time since I bought it in 1984.I just started the build about three years ago.How interested is your son in the car mine cant Wait we are doing the Cruzin show at OC Md. in May we are both siked to go my wife is kinda too but could take it or leave it.Heres a pic of mine looking forward to seeing your progress good luck..

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Welcome,My son is 13 and loves every minute we work on my 69 him and my older brother are helping me with the exhaust. Allmost ready to hit the road for the first time since I bought it in 1984.I just started the build about three years ago.How interested is your son in the car mine cant waight we are doing the Cruzin show at OC Md. in May we are both siked to go my wife is kinda to but could take it or leave it.Heres a pic of mine looking forward to seeing your progress good luck..

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hi and welcome to the best First Gen site on the net.

Some really classy individuals on here.... and I mean it guys.... :wub:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts