Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here. Great bunch of threads you have going. I have a '68 F body and 69 F body convertibles looking to restore one for me and the other for my daughter who will be driving in about 6 years... gives me some time to get it done.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Welcome:waving:
Let's see some pics and a little of where your at in the resto. You've come to the right place for good info, and a little nudge when it's needed.:beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,346 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Owning a '68 is all that's needed. Build the '69 for the daughter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I might as well be honest up front, when I said F bodies that is true but there are both firebirds. I've had the '68 convertible for 20 years and is my driver car and the '69 is totally numbers matching and a better candiate for resto.

Tom

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Camaro or Firebird both GM both great cars.:yes::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I am new here. Great bunch of threads you have going. I have a '68 F body and 69 F body convertibles looking to restore one for me and the other for my daughter who will be driving in about 6 years... gives me some time to get it done.

6 years? You better get it done by then lol. I remember my Dad started building this large detailed doll house for my sister when we were little. He never did finish it l:)

Welcome to the site! :hurray:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to be really into these cars years ago before getting married, a house and a kid. Having my daughter approaching driving age is just the motivation I need to get going. I figure I can do most of mechanical stuff myself and get better at welding using a mig. I will practice on my 68' and hopefully get good enough at it so I can do my daughter's car right and not have her be embarraseed to cruise around in it. Both cars need new conv tops so I may just attempt that too... again practice in the '68 first to see how well I can do. I did an interior 20 years ago and it came out mint... I am starting to remember how much fun I had working on these things. Really looking forward to getting back into it.

Regards,
Tom

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Like I said keep us posted on the projects and pics. And like I said where here if you have questions or just need a good kick in the pants to get it done.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts