Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jim and I am the original ownerof an un-restored 69 Camaro SS396 L78 TH400 410 posi with 22070 miles on it. When I took it out of the barn last summer it had 21,066 miles on it. It sure was a lot of fun putting that thousand miles on the car last summer. I can't wait to get it out this year.
I have been looking on this site for a little while and decided to join because you people seem to have quite a bit of knowledge and maybe I might be able to help someone out also.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was afraid someone would ask for pictures. I'm not very good with computers and I really don't know how to post pictures on this site. If you have a copy of Hemmings Muscle Machines for February of 08 there are pictures in there. Maybe I can find some instructions how to post pictures somewhere on the site and if I do I have a few pictures that I could post.
Jim

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Was it the white one with the 'tin-foil' on the heater hoses ???
Someone asked what that was all about :yes:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes John the car is white with a dark blue interior.
The aluminum foil is on the gas line from the fuel pump to the carburetor and on the heater hoses where the fuel line passes. It's been on there since 1969. Last year I put some new aluminum foil around the carburetor area because the old foil had deteriorated.
I ran the car in pure stock and they did not allow us to have cool cans in that class. The aluminum foil was an attempt to insulate the gas line to keep the gas as cold as possible for more horsepower. It also prevented any vapor lock.
Jim

·
Registered
984 Posts
Congrats and Welcome Jim..
You should be proud of yourself,
..knowing not to sell your baby when the rest of us were parking in line at the gas station (early 80's)..

There are a lot of Camaros owners that look up to visionaries like you.
How many guys can tell there wives and children,
"I had my Camaro before you, and will long after you." :beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,451 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Another "on the road" fix for vapor lock. Love it! Goes along with the clothes pins.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Wow. Too Kewl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts