Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad to meet you. (y'all in Texas) :)

I have an odd request and this site seems like a sensible place to get started.
And the name of this forum is right on.

I am a 70 year old retired, computer programmer who has a fondness for the cars from the 60s.

I keep telling my 26 year old son how much fun they were to drive, especially my boss's car, a 69 Z-28.

He used to let me drive it and I never got over how it handled and I wanted to let my son experience this iconic muscle car. ( I seem to remember that he had a 69 Z-28. If I am mistaken on this, please correct)

I was hoping to rent something similar, especially with the superb handling.
I firstly looked around for someone who would rent me one for a weekend, but that is not going to happen.
Next I was wondering if the newer Camaros come near to the handling characteristics of the 69(?). If so, I could probably arrange to rent one of them.

Failing that, what would you recommend that I could rent that would be similar in performance and handling to the 69 Z-28 ?

And thanks a lot for any and all comments

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
George, welcome to Team Camaro. You posted in the TEST section where folks fiddle and practice posting or adding photos to their posts etc.
Im going to move this to our WELCOME section. Thats where you start here in Team Camaro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
George, Welcome to Team Camaro.
I would think that renting a 2010 Camaro would be an idea worth pursuing.

David F.
Thank you for the responses, and I have been checking into rentals.

The good news is that there is an Avis in Houston that rents a Camaro SS.
The bad news is that it is booked up solid.
I am going to get in the queue, and perhaps enhance the offer with a small bribe.

This is going to be a blast, and I might, just might, let my son drive it.

thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts