Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is James, I'm from Michigan, and I am going to pick up my first Camaro next Thursday. It is a 1969 RS trim X44 car (non-numbers matching) with some updates. I will post pictures as soon as its in my possession. Its a pure driver that needs a little bit of help. I am hoping that you guys can help me along the way!

Thanks!

-James

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask and you shall receive!! :beers:

The pictures are a bit rough, and the car is not perfect by any means. In fact, I am sure over the next few years I'll be asking tons of questions about how to change/fix things! I appreciate all of your help in advance! :yes:

-James

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Sharp.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Very nice James...just so you know, the tail lights are for a NON-RS car. In a true RS the backup lights would be in the lower valence panel below the bumper in a stamped out hole. There would be no white backup lights between the red brake and signal lenses. So it might be someone put in the hiding headlights to resemble an RS, or, it was in rear end accident and previous owner replaced everything but didnt get the right lower panel. Either way, its your car, have a blast. The RS cars are the coolest :) ask me how I know :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice James...just so you know, the tail lights are for a NON-RS car. In a true RS the backup lights would be in the lower valence panel below the bumper in a stamped out hole. There would be no white backup lights between the red brake and signal lenses. So it might be someone put in the hiding headlights to resemble an RS, or, it was in rear end accident and previous owner replaced everything but didnt get the right lower panel. Either way, its your car, have a blast. The RS cars are the coolest :) ask me how I know :D
I'm aware that this car is not a factory RS. It wasn't sold to me with that impression. It is a base model X44 code car with the RS front clip essentially. Maybe some day down the road I will redo the back end to add the RS style, but for now I'll just enjoy it. I really couldn't pass it up for the money I paid for it...

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Thats the ticket...enjoy it all the time you can. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts