Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I finally bought a 67 Camaro in May from LA, exported her to Brisbane, Australia. She arrived on Monday 26th of July 2010, cleared and tow trucked to Geezers classic car garage for compliance mods and registration. Departed Friday the same week for the 1800 Kilometer journey north to Cairns. No problems at all with her for the two day drive approx. 10 hours driving each day. Fantastic driving experience! To scared to drive at night, could end up with a Kangaroo as a hood emblem. She is a mild 350, 4 speed and a 10 Bolt diff. Nice clean car 18" Front & 20" Rear wheels. I Finally got back into cars last year after 20 years of focusing on a career. Yes last year started with a 77 Corvette as a stepping stone towards a 1st gen Camaro. You can see her at the link below. Wife approved color!
Thanks,
Andrew
http://americancarclubcairns.com/photo-gallery/?album=1&gallery=12

·
Super Moderator
32,348 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Andrew. Nice ride for sure.

Almost two months for delivery?
Vehicle compliance? What's involved?
How often for inspection?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She did not leave on the ship until the 23rd of June. The ship broke down up in Canada. So she just sat a Califorina shipping waiting. The compliance involved the fitment of inertia Australian standards seat belts to all four seats, 3 point anchor (Crazy but has to have the Aus standard logo on the tag), remove and replace headlights that dip to the left instead of the right (I think this is the right way around). Baby capsule anchor points in the rear parcel shelf (hilarious). Pre 1972 cars don't have to change to amber indicator front or rear, so electrical unmoded. Speedo can stay miles per hour. Then things like horn, washer/wiper, heater defrost, e-brake and everything else normally required for safety of a vehicle. They install a engineers plate stating that the car is now in compliance with the Australian road safety rules for 1967. Also stamp the engine number for registration. Queensland you need to have vin and engine number registered. Only have to get another inspection if i want to sell her registered. So no annual inspection in Queensland.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Hello Mate, am sure you will enjoy your 67 Camaro..If you would be interested in installing LED Conversion Kit for the Brake/Tail/Turn Lights, contact [email protected] and check out what he has to offer for your Camaro. I have them on both my 68 Camaro Coupe and also on my 69 Camaro Convertible, they really set the Camaro off, I get lot's of compliments. And No I am not Todd, I am just one of his many satisfied Customers......................

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Camaros would have to be one of the best world known Chevy cars. The 67 Camaro so far seem to be much easier to work on than a C3 Corvette, looking forward to improving her mechanically.

·
Super Moderator
32,348 Posts
Good luck with your ride. Australian seat belt tag, sounds like a monopoly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts