Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I'm new here as a member but have always browsed before I enrolled.I'm currently trying to restore as close as I possibly can an April 09/69 dated QW JL8 12 bolt rear end.I had plans to put this diff under my '68 Acadian 'Motion clone I was building but sold the car a few years back sans diff(which I still have),Stinger hood,front 4 piston caliper brake set up,Launcher leaf springs(still have),'Motion valve covers(BB-still have along with the body emblems).I'm having trouble with the placement of the emercency cable brackets- I know where they go but not the positioning in relation to the caliper mounting bracket..They were already cut off when I acquired the diff over ten yrs ago.I'm hoping this will be done by the spring so I can sell it to where it belongs-in an April dated car.I guess what I'm asking is some pic's to give me some idea of the placement of said brackets.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the Team Camaro Darren! Try to post a few picstures of the car as it is now when you get a chance. Not sure the location of the baracket, but I will take a look around.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew, Darren.

Do miss "Cow Town"... but not the white stuff you got this week, eh?

As per your ques...can only find a schematic in The GM Chassis Shop Manual...Brakes 5-11, Fig 20, which shows the "Parking Brake System" as it applied to the Corvette...which I assume would be much like the Cam in this case.

Check with some one in the Cal Cam Club.

capt

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Welcome aboard Darren.

Maybe check with Carmine at Classic Performance, or Brian at Muscle Car shop. They might be able to direct youto some images of the bracket.

Paul :beers:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome aboard Darren.

Maybe check with Carmine at Classic Performance, or Brian at Muscle Car shop. They might be able to direct youto some images of the bracket.

Paul :beers:
Hey Paul...check for pm, eh?

capt

·
19,786 Posts
Welcome to TC :beers:

Sorry no help on the braket/spring assembly :( But any pics of the car before selling ?

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Ted,

You have PM's blocked in your settings.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts