Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum, I am in the beginning stages of restoring/rebuilding a 68' Camaro coupe. This car started life as a 250 straight six/Powerglide car. It was owned in the mid 80's by a neighbor kid a few years older then myself. I always thought the kid was a turd and had no idea what he was doing with this car. He had carb troubles with it (after putting on a JC WHitney Header):thumbsup: and parked it outside in about 88'. Needless to say this car sat there from 1988 on. I would visit my parents and tell my father "it is a shame that that car is just sitting there rotting away." Well after sitting there for 18 years, it got a new home. One afternoon I arrived home from work and there it was sitting in my driveway. My father had been bugging the neighbor to get his son to sell it and picked it up for the "huge" sum of $500.

SOOOO...I joined the forum because I have completed all the disassembly and I am now in the planning stages of what is going to be put back into the car.

Hope to see you on the forum!

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Did they make Camaros in 68? I don't think I've ever seen one. Must have been a prototype design they scrapped before getting the final design ready for 69.:D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
welcome aboard!
nice to see another member from the tax you to death state!
Now I thought Massachusetts was the tax you to death state!!

Welcome 19Camaro68. Nice to see another New Englander here!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Did they make Camaros in 68? I don't think I've ever seen one. Must have been a prototype design they scrapped before getting the final design ready for 69.:D
Ouch !!

you know the best year was the 67 ! cheers :beers:

p.s. welcome aboard !! Cool story

1 - 12 of 12 Posts