Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I've been lurking on this site for some time and after some searching, I decided to buy this car from Virginia. I'm currently awaiting its arrival to Finland where I live, so I haven't seen the car myself yet. You can also get prepared to hear many questions from me in the future as I'm new to the Camaro scene (have played with Corvettes mostly) :)

I already have a few questions about '68 RS' trim. I was wondering which car's came with the wide molding below side windows that my car apparently doesn't have? I've seen many cars with them, and some without.. And did all RS camaros come with the three piece lower panel moldings?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
welcome to team camaro!! nice ride ,looks great!!

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Hey, Mikko... another with the Mid Kid.. best year, eh?

Don't forget about the extensive info in the archives.

Welcome to the TC Crew!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I already have a few questions about '68 RS' trim. I was wondering which car's came with the wide molding below side windows that my car apparently doesn't have? I've seen many cars with them, and some without.. And did all RS camaros come with the three piece lower panel moldings?
Style Trim option Z21 and Rally Sport option Z22 both came with the wide belt moldings below the side windows.

Only the Rally Sport option Z22 came with the 3 piece lower moldings.

Your car is missing the molding below the windows, and has the non-RS rocker moldings, so there is a strong possibility that is not a factory RS.

Read more here:

http://www.camaros.org/options.shtml#id

And welcome from Finland. I have been there many times. What part are you from?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the welcomes! This seems like a great forum with great people and knowledge :beers:

And welcome from Finland. I have been there many times. What part are you from?
Thanks for the answers to my questionsa, and I live in Helsinki :thumbsup:

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,783 Posts
Woohoo...another 68 on the site :hurray:

Welcome to TC :beers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts