Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all on this site.I am from Hamburg Germany and a great fan of the 1. Generation Camaro:hurray::hurray::hurray: .

Here in Germany are only a few of this classic camaro muscle car, the most are the Mustangs but I do like much more 67 and 68 Camaro , but I never find one nice Camaro for sale in Germany.
Few weeks ago I visit the Daytona Turkey run but I didn,t find a nice ( and payable :mad: ) one.

So I searched the Internet for camaro car shows and camaro fests and found this very nice site.

Now I need some time to visit your site and that will take long because there are so many threads and in formationin it :yes:.

Greetings from Hamburg

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
welcome to team camaro!! your in my grandads homeland!!..alright!!..good luck on your quest, if you need any help just give us a shout, we can direct you!..they say germany is the prettiest place in the world during Christmas time?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe I better translate..Go 1 Football Club Kaiserslautern. (FCK) they are in first place in the 2d division of the bundesliga, Hamburg, St, Pauli is a distant 2d.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Wie gehts? Greetings from Kaiserslautern. Go FCK!!! St. Pauli is not doing bad also.
WHOA !!..WAIT A MINUTE, JOHN YOU SPELLED WELCOME TO TEAM CAMARO WRONG(WIE GEHTS) AND DONT LET DENNIS( DJD )SEE THAT YOUR CUSSING (GO FCK)!!:hurray:...DANG IT JOHN, YOU TYPED FASTER THAN ME!!

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Mein Gott, ze German dost flyin' in der himmel! (fractured Deutch!)

Welcome to the TC Crew, Gio. and yes, there's lots of great info in the archives.

Good luck on your quest for a first Gen Camaro... don't overlook Canada in your search...ie. Kijimi site.

capt

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for your welcome greetings:yes:.

What does that mean: Pass the 'shine please.

I am 1/2 german and 1/2 italian and just got only school english :yes:.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Giorgio. Bill lives in a part of America that is well known for moonshine. Moonshine is homemade Schnapps, fire water. We like to have fun with him.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Giorgio. Bill lives in a part of America that is well known for moonshine. Moonshine is homemade Schnapps, fire water. We like to have fun with him.
as john has mentioned, here in america there is no such thing as beer (you guys over in germany hog the real beer,we just have water with suds)so us mountain boys on the southern east coast of the us, make our own 130 octane drinking fuel,better known in the underground world as shine!!:beers:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
as john has mentioned, here in america there is no such thing as beer (you guys over in germany hog the real beer,we just have water with suds)so us mountain boys on the southern east coast of the us, make our own 130 octane drinking fuel,better known in the underground world as shine!!:beers:
Whoa! Canadian beer has no standing in the world, Bill? I beg to differ, eh?:)

capt

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You all like beer :beers: :yes:.

I've got a question because it seems to be that "restored" Camaro in the states has a different meaning than in Germany.
In Germany a restored car is one which is REALLY rust free and got a high quality paint. Everytime i got pictures of americans that sell their camaros as restored, there was rust at the lower side of the doors , in the trunk, door gap were missalligned,the paint had bubbles and the paint was in bad condition and flat.

So my question is how do the seller name a camaro which is in good with a quality ( glossy) paint?

The last one i saw which was described with rustfree, no dents and no scratches....., had scratches, a dent in the rear cowl,the paint was flat and had some bubbles and a least the trunk inside was rusty and both lower sides of the doors were rusty.:mad:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
We have the same standards in the US as well. Because there are 1000s of cars and sellers, each seller markets his or her car a different way.

A restored car to me has no issues what so ever. No rust, no bubbles on paint, etc.

If you ever find a car in the US or Canada that you are interested in giorgio, ask if someone here on Team Camaro will take a look at it for you.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
some pop tarts in the world think that just because the paint is shinny they have the right to call it restored!! umm...not...!!..you have to weave threw the crowd to get what you want..its kinda like when your at the pub in germany and you belly up to the bar and your looking at that great wall of beer,all those different kinds, some folks call it beer but its not ,you go for the beer that you know and love and taste great..some people like to ride in the left lane of the autobahn and some like to ride in the right lane!!..we all know what lane the bulls ride in..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you ever find a car in the US or Canada that you are interested in giorgio, ask if someone here on Team Camaro will take a look at it for you.

That would be great if someone could have a look if I find one :hurray::hurray::hurray:.

I let you know.:yes:

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts