Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just joined up, in the process of rebuilding a first gen, 69 SS. I already have the 396 that will power her, but not the original engine.

I am about 5 months into the rebuild, with probably another 2 years to go :) something about the wife saying I spend too much time and money on it already...

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Hey Chris have you heard of a hot rod dealer in Iowa called American Dream Machines.

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts
Welcome to the Club! A former Iowan here from Marshalltown. US Navy put me here at the Beach since '72.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Everett: I didn't know you are in the US Navy. Thank you for serving the US.:beers::beers::beers:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Chris have you heard of a hot rod dealer in Iowa called American Dream Machines.

I have. Its in des moines which ankeny is a suburb of. Nice stuff. some of the stuff maybe on the high side but usually has very nice stuff. Nice to see another iowan here Im in ankeny all the time for gm training at DMACC. Im up by mason city.

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts
Everett: I didn't know you are in the US Navy. Thank you for serving the US.:beers::beers::beers:
Thank you, Skeeter. It was my pleasure along with other members of the service here. This is why we do what we do today along with other board members here. Not just myself, its a team effort.

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts
Skip, I will define my statement - I did a 6 yr tour with the US Navy and was honorably discharged in '76. Wife & I decided to stay in this area because of a better job market than in Iowa.

So, been here ever since. Working for a defense contractor, Raytheon, from the time of discharge and I do occasionally get to work with the ultimate customer on the waterfront. I love to mentor them. They are our future.

We make/maintain the toys the Armed Forces plays with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts