Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I have posted in this welcome forum before, but havn't posted pics, so I thought I would say hello again and show you my 68 Camaro. Bought my car from Iowa,shipped it to Melbourne and have been slowely restoring for 2 1/2 years. Its slow going due to work commitments and a recent home renovation (have been doing a lot of the work myself), but I am moving forward. Have had to double up on a couple of repairs due to not being completely happy, or thought of a better way half way through etc. Not quite sure where to place more of my pics, as I have no questions at the moment, just want to show what I have done. I have done a few rust repairs, and all have turned out ok. These included a new passenger toe panel, dashboard top repair and tulip panel repairs. My plan is to fit a new roof (vinyl top blues), new floor pan, new dashtop and new quarters. The car is now completly disassembled and everything is bagged and labelled. I have a sandblaster, and do sections at a time, coating each section as I go with a paint product called KBS coatings, similar to your POR. My subframe is excellent, and will only require a clean and paint. Parts are easy to get over here, but if I require parts from your world, the freight is crazy. Saying that, the mark up on parts over here is also very expensive to say the least, but you do what you have to do. I will post more pics when I figure out where to put them, cheers for now, James.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Like your organized approach, James.:thumbsup: Nice to have a base unit like yours to start from. Might be worth it to take a trip over here to bring back some parts...more of an excuse, m8.

capt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts