Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to the site and have a 67 RS in the garage patiently waiting for me to finish making it road worthy.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Welcome to TC from another Northern IL Camaro owner! Got pics?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics yet, and will post later. Presently cleaning out and organizing the garage for work space. I will post them soon.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Hi Gt, I'm in Chicago doing up a 67 firebird.. PM me and maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Morning Rich. Here is the background info, original / fresh 327 and sT10 has been installed and joined to rear. The 67RS has been modified by previous owner. This car was red and had a power glide transmission, now blue with 4 speed with other non-original modifications .

The short term plan this weekend is to sync the Hurst shifter to tranny, then complete the clutch pedal connections to the yoke. Hoping my 15 year old shows interest(?). Next week I will be purchasing starter (any recommendations?) and alternator, then hopefully installing next weekend. Doing a little at time moves me forward. Next, looking to change out drum brakes to disk and upgrading the suspension.
The overall plan is just to get it road worthy and drivable. I need to teach two high school kids how to drive stick. Once that occurs, body and paint will be on the plate.
Thanks to all for the welcome.

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
DB Electrical on the starter and alternator - 12SI as a suggestion for converting from mechanical reg'd alt to an internal reg'd alt - or buy a Wells VR715 electronic VR and replace the mech one, plug & play and keep the present 10DN alt.

Buy a beater to teach the kids how to drive a stick, JMT's.

RockAuto, a sponsor here, has competitive prices.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
Welcome to The team!. There is a small group of us the met on this site in a post "who's from the soiuth side of Chicago?" A few years. We still get together a few times a year to socialize and swap stories. One of the guys is in Mokena and has a red 69 , the samae car that is used in some of Route 66 motrsports advertizing. I'll try to keep you Chicago guys up to date if we plan someting soon.

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I"m starting to feel right at home lasereye, except my treadmill (aka coat rack) is in the basement. Attached are pics. Latest update...shifter, shift and clutch linkage have been recently installed. Next on the plate is the starter and alt. brackets then alternator. I don"t like the header mount alt. bracket and am looking at turn buckles. Also, replacing some hardware with stainless steel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Also, replacing cross member and trans. mount hardware with stainless steel.
Be careful on the grade of SS hardware you use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts