Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here. I bought a 68 Camaro coupe on Saturday Sept 5. It was not a planned decision, I have always wanted a first generation Camaro and this one became available so I dove in. It looks to be all original but is in serious need of restoration. I hope to drive it for a while as I collect parts and then do a total restoration.
I am pretty close to completing a restoration of a Datsun 260z with a v8 swap and know what it is like to have a car sit for years waiting for parts and money so this time I want to have most of the parts ready to go before I start tearing it down.
I have looked into this site for a couple of days and the people here seem to be level headed and willing to share good information so I decided to join.
DMZ

·
Super Moderator
32,270 Posts
Welcome, Doug. Correct year on your recent purchase, and as said, pictures?

Making a Scarab, I think?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
welcome to team camaro!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Doug, welcome to the site. After checking through the numbers to figure out what you have the big decision is how to restore it - pro touring, nice driver, show car, etc. You'll find members here with all flavors and willing to share info on their cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome from everyone.
I am starting on the Camaro with basic things, like brakes and shocks. Then I need to get all the lights working and fix the turn signals.
Also need to get reverse to work on the muncie 4sp.
Then once the interior is cleaned up a bit to make it livable I should be able to start driving it.
I don't expect to start the restoration until next year. Lots of time to make decisions about how to do it.
The Z car is not a scarab conversion, I did the Jaguars That Run (JTR) version. With JTR the engine sits lower and further back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts