Team Camaro Tech banner

Hello from new Camaro owner

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  3forme 
#1 ·

This is a picture of my wife on the right,, sister in law and late mother in law taken in late summer of 1970 in front of a hugger orange 1970 Camaro (base model) that was a dealer demo, my late father in law was a co owner of Rufe Chevrolet in Carlisle Pa. The camaro was sold to a church member whose son used it as a daily driver in the 70's. He owned it until his passing in 2005 at which time it passed to the son that use to drive it. He is now 69 and down sizing so he was ready to sell the car. We jumped at the chance to bring the car back into the family. We brought it home Thursday evening. It is mainly a survivor in pretty good condition, it has 115000 miles on it and was resprayed (not very well) about 20 years ago. Interior is in very good shape aside from a small tear in the drivers seat and the rear shelf behind the back seat is faded, carpet, headliner, seats and dash are in great shape for being 50 years old.

Our intention with the car is to keep it as a pleasure car and I intend to restore it to original where needed. My question for the group is should I rebuild/replace worn items or leave it alone? We do not like the 71 trim rings that are on it currently and have already ordered the original style wheel covers that were on it when ordered. the engine and transmission turbo-hydra-matic are original and some of the seals are are seeping as the rear is also seeping some fluid. The car appears to have been dealer undercoated and some of that is flaking off. My thoughts are to replace shocks, ball joints, bushings, seals, weatherstripping as needed for the worn parts. We have the protect o plate and manual but not a build sheet or window sticker, I did e-mail Jody Praither and unfortunately he does not have the build sheet, It was made the first week of April in Norwood. Does the protect o plate contain info on the options?

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated
Todd
Picture of the car 8-20-2020

See less See more
#7 ·
Great old/new pics. These things will live past us we are only caretakers. Your Camaro shows its been loved! Nice car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.