Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Recently heard of the site in a couple of mags. I figured that was good enough reason to check it out!

I'm military and stationed in Japan. I've built several muscle cars/trucks. My favorite being a 70' Camaro and a 68 Chevy pickup. I intend to do another build of a 70-73 model camaro when I return to the states (in 3+ years). As I can see there is a wealth of info on here. I plan on a full resto with a modern drivetrain (LS etc). My first camaro was "learn on your own" since the internet wasn't around back then. I am very excited to learn as much as possible looking through some of the things you all have come across and went through in your builds. Still boggles my mind at putting in an LS motor with 500+hp/6 speed and still get better than 15 mpg. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Hi welcome, I was In Okinawa, 56-59, First and second grade, Lived in Suckeran, and
Naha . Sorrey about the spelling. I had a lot of fun at the time. Hope uou can enjoy
OK, and THANK YOU, for serving,
John

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
Jake,

Welcome to the site!
My son is enjoying island life at Camp Hansen. If you don't mind me asking, where are you currently stationed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johnnysalami, I am at Kadena, (Air Force). Work hasn't permitted me to enjoy much of the island. Seems to be the case for most of us now days. But what I see to and from work looks great!:sad:

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Enjoy the island! I was stationed at Camp Kinser 87-88 and in Camp Hansen 94-95. hey Rich...tell your son to stay away from the girlsd at the Shangri La club! ha ha j/k Tell him to try some Taco, Rice and Cheese right outside Gate 2 in Camp Hansen! :beers:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
Enjoy the island! I was stationed at Camp Kinser 87-88 and in Camp Hansen 94-95. hey Rich...tell your son to stay away from the girlsd at the Shangri La club! ha ha j/k Tell him to try some Taco, Rice and Cheese right outside Gate 2 in Camp Hansen! :beers:
armando....
too late on the shangri la club warning!!
one of the clubs on kadena had a nathan's night and thay have been chowing down on dawgs for about a month now, will let him know about the taco location.

jake,
sent him your post, maybe he'll pm you. right now they are
re-acclimating themselves aboard the essex as she has just returned from 2 months maintenance. don't know how much time he will have once he hits land, his squad is due back in hawaii before thanksgiving.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I was stationed at Futenma back in '86. There used to be this little mom and pop stand out the back gate at Kadena that sold BBQ chicken on a stick. We always called it monkey on a stick, but it danged good. Are they still there? Welcome to the site!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts