Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,just bought a membership. I live in Regina Saskatchewan Canada, 3 hours north of the North Dakota border. I have a 79 Camaro that I'm fixing up. Did the shake down run this weekend. I bought it with a blown motor (missing 1 rod) so I had no clue as to what I bought other than the body was in ok shape. I had a 383 built and dynoed at 393 hp and 440 lb and installed it. The car is a 4 speed and had stock shifter so I installed a Hurst Super Shifter. A little cutting, welding and bending got the stick close to where I want it. So far, I have changed the alternator out 2 twice and need a third. First to where used junk. The trans is very noisy (marbles) but shifts ok (its a Sag) and I have a driveline virbation when accelerating. I replaced the master cylinder so now I have some brakes and need to change out the front calipars as one is leaking. I installed a Jegs 2.5' manderal exhaust kit with Ultra Flows. Anyhow, good to be on this site.

Steve

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
From the temps that you guys have had this winter... that's a pretty good handle you got there, eh?

Looks like you've got your plate full until spring... another two months away?:)

Lots of info on the site... and the archives are full of good stuff as well...welcome aboard.

capt

·
Super Moderator
32,451 Posts
Welcome from the Beach!

Sags are usually alittle noisy, like marbles, in neutral, or low on lube or too thin of gear lube. But, if thicker gear is used, it becomes molasses in winter.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Welcome from slightly warmer MN.

Sounds like you are getting the car in shape....:thumbsup:
Post up some pics when you can and also of the Beau.....I really like them too...:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts