Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. What a great site. Soon to be looking for my dream car 1969 Camaro COPO Clone. Came here to gather as much info as possible being I've never owned a first generation Camaro. Currently own 4 81z28's, 1 80 and 2 78z28's. Got back into cars a couple of years ago for the sake of my 3 boys aged 11, 15 and 16 and they love them. Like alot of other guys, I sold off a few of my cars when I started having kids. Will be lurking around and asking a few questions here and there. Doug

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
I just bought a car recently and I am always looking. Trying to find a 69 Z 28 locally. So far they have been listed between 45K and 70K but all over priced or not the real deal. Best to narrow it down to exactly what you want and how much you are willing to pay, it will make the searching process much easier. Unfortunatly our climate is very cruel to these cars and finding a good car is difficult. It really depends on if you plan on doing a resto or just buying something to have fun with and drive. The good news is the market is down right now and in the summer there seems to be more cars for sale locally. Also note that the good ones go quick and the over priced ones are still for sale. I have seen some still listed after 2 years. Keep in touch I would love to help you out if I can.

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
Hey Doug. Check out the classifieds on this site. Right now there are some great deals on some nice looking cars. If you don't mind buying without seeing the car in person that could be a good way to go, as long as our dollar doesn't tank in the next 4 to 5 months. Good luck! The Black RS looks like a good deal for 33K.

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
That Z is not real I looked at it 2 weeks ago. I asked the seller if he knew if it was a real Z and he said no. A full binder of the resto and not one picture of the car before??? Also no docs and no pictures of any of the numbers. Nice clone at best and over priced even if the work is good. 2 more 69's for sale for 45 K, one appears to be fake, I haven't looked at the other one yet. My new rule is if the seller won't send me pictures of the VIN and the drive train stamps, I am not going to waste time looking at it.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome Doug from the land of the monsoons.:) Looks like you still have the Cam Fever by the size of your stable.

capt

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome Doug!! from Maple Ridge. I'm out your way quite often pounding the Vedder River for Steelhead and Salmon.

:beers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts