Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm from the great state of Wisconsin. Name is Chad and 32 years old. Have a small family with two young boys and a great wife. I've always loved old cars. It's been a little cold here to start my project but I can't wait. I bought a 69 camaro around november of last year. In all honesty, I never liked camaros and would walk right by them at car shows. Maybe I didn't like them 'cause I never had one. My neighbor was storing one for his coworker. Coworker didn't want it anymore and my neighbor wanted it out of his garage. I decided to make an offer and got it for 3K minus the engine. It's a SS 350 car with some good options like a/c and deluxe interior. Problem is the car is in pieces and I didn't buy the motor. I'm going to try for the motor soon becuse it's original. I saw the vin stamped by the oil filter boss. It was a rolling chassis stuffed with parts; many NOS in the box yet. I have the original dealer window sticker and invoice and protecto plate still on it's original card. The owner gave me the protecto plate and said it was the missing body tag. The body tag was lost during the attempted resto done by his step son. the only thing he did was loose/steal a bunch of stuff. Trim tag is gone along with the decklid, back seat, front bumper and under hood a/c stuff like the compressor and evaporator housing. The vin tag is on the car and matches the title. also matches the two hidden vin's and matches the tranny and motor vin. The car has been in pieces since the late 80's. spent most of it's life in colorado then came to wisconsin when the guy I bought it from inherited it. It's going to be a while before I get it back on the road. This is a great site and have been reading some of these posts for a while. Decided to join! Sorry for the long intro!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wellcome, I'm in two rivers, doing a chevelle, but i learn a lot from these camaro guys.

Rob

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
Yeah. Welcome.
From the sound of your project, I'm guessing that you will be in here a lot.
Enjoy.

BTW: I'm just down 45 in Milwaukee

·
Registered
87 Posts
hello chad and welcome from another cheesehead!! on your trip stop in wausau and say hey-the cows will never "steer" you wrong!!:beers:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Chad, to Team Camaro. Good score on the car. 3k is not bad at all for a 69 SS. Have fun and lots of luck on your project. Post some pictures soon! :waving:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey Chad...I just moved to Madison. Spent the last couple of years restoring my 68, with a lot of help from the guys on the board. Anyway if you ever need any help drop me a line I would love to head up that way!!!!

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Hey Chad,

A couple of years ago I visited some customers in Green Bay, Palmyra, Stevens Point, and then way up north in Hayward. In Hayward, before flying home, I purchased several pounds of really good cheese from a little store in town I believe was called The Cheese Shop.
You have a beautiful state, particularly in the farm land regions. I also like that a lot of your country roads have bike lanes and bicycle riding is another passion of mine. We have no roads with bike lanes in our area.
That cheese was so good I might have mail order more!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome! I see youre from Wisconsin, Im from the Twin Cities in MN, I was reading your post thinking it was my grandpas car until you mentioned it originally came from Colorado...in case you have read my intro thread! lol oh well Welcome....theres a lot of us from the MN/WI area

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome! dum questions are ones not asked!

Actually, Didnt I hear right when I heard Florida produces more cheese than Wisconsin?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Welcome!:waving:
It sounds like you've got quite the worth while project there. Your definitely in the right place. Another good site you may want to check out seeing as how your restoring back to original is CRG. They have a great data base going.
Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:
PS- Take LOTS of pictures as you go.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome Chad, I'm a couple hours drive farther west of jr68 (River Falls, almost on the MN border but still in WI!), I pass through Omro now and then, I used to live in Oshkosh. Doesn't Omro have a summer car show? Good luck with the project, I'm sure we'd all like to see some before/during/after pics! Terry M.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! The 'egghead' name comes from my wife. I asked her what my screen name should be and she said egghead. I'm an engineer by trade and she thinks I know too much 'useless' information. In my original post, I said I bought the 69 camaro with without the engine. Well, I went back and bought the engine. It's mostly original. I found a faintly stamped VIN number on the block by the oil filter boss. The front pad has an HA stamped with some numbers. It's seems to have the correct heads (going by the casted date code), but has a holley intake and carb. Haven't started working on the car yet-this damm winter won't end!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts