Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im nick im from jersey i'm 19 yrs old and im lookin at a 1977 z28 350 that doesnt run and i would like sum feed back and thoughts bout the car so any who think they can offer and helpful advice feel free

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro....

You only mention that it doesn't run...is there more? Are you looking to buy it for a first car and daily driver? Then I say you are better off looking for a 4 cyl beater......If it is going to be a second car that you will spend all your free time and money on go for it!

Not intended to bash but to let you know that these things can run into alot of money and time......You will have to ask yourself what is your ability to work on it, tools and epuipment are expensive, will you have a place to keep it during repairs? If those are limited or non existent then finding one that you can just drive and enjoy would be the way to go.......do some searching in the fourms for what to look for in a project car....things like rust in sheet metal can become a lot of work....interiors are also expensive to restore......

Most would say take the asking price and subtract what it will cost to make the repairs......You may find it is better to save and look a little more for a car that is in better condition....

8ball

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
LilKray & 8ball didn't I see yall on M-TV sounds like a name of a famous rap band or something..lol..Anyway Welcome to Team Camaro and this was good addvice from Matt I agree it can get very expensive especialy if you have to farm the work out unless you have some talented buddies that can help....

·
Super Moderator
32,278 Posts
Well, if you understand the two principles called: "The Snowball Effect" & "The Money Pit," then go for it.
Nothing wrong with learning.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts