Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love your site!!

Just got a 67 RSSS project car for my son and me. We have four years to restore it before he gets his license. I know very little about cars and will be using your great site extensively!

The idea is for my son and me to learn as much about the car (and cars) and the restoration process as possible. :) I don't want to simply open up my wallet and outsource the project. :( We want to do as much of the work as is possible. So, we need a coach. Would anyone feel comfortable recommending someone, or some place or source, in the San Diego area we could employ?

Here's the cowl tag:

12A K442
67-12637 LOS-11502
711-Z. G-G
E 2LG 3SL
4P 5Y

She's gonna be a beauty when we're finished. :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro...Lots of gifted people on this site willing to help you every step of the way...My first advice is take plenty of pictures, can't have enough. and once you set your budget number...double it...trust me...you'll see...Have fun!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably a little late, but I'm in San Diego and Miles Warsh at ACME Garage built my 67 RS 454bb. They do custom hot rods and muscle as their specialty. Not the cheapest shop in the world, but Miles is the only person I let work on my cars given his "do it right" nature.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys!

...I can't wait until my son is old enough to help me work on cars...
Yeah, it's a great thing to do. You two will have a blast when it's time.

My son Trevor is really into it. He's 12.

We've been going to car shows and Trev finally settled on a 1st generation Camaro awhile ago. Then he helped me find a project car on Craigslist. He been wanting to dive right into disassembling the car and, since I know nothing about restoring old cars, I've had to put the brakes on his enthusiasm until we studied and came up with a plan.

Finally did a little work on the car. :hurray:

Here's a link to the rear window trim removal we did Sunday.

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/oatesb/Rear Window Trim Removal/

Did we pass Trim Removal 101? All dings in the trim were there previously.

Any suggestions, critiques, help are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Arizona
take lots of pictures before taking it apart....in long term or short term projects having pictures to see how it was done at factory is a must. when you get done, you can build a big scrape book to show.
did my 1969 Camaro with help of my daughter Jennifer. always a good time. Do your planning and meet other Camaro owners at shows can help alot. @ of my friends and I get togather once a week and help work on each others projects. If you look at my Photobucket, we have done 67 Elcamino, Kims Nova, Mikes Nova, and parts of my Camaro. Lots of fun and we help each other alot. Good Luck Jay and Bj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts