Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try to keep this short.

I have a 1999 Corvette convertible which is an awesome car and fun to drive. But, doesn't match my personality very well. So, it does a lot of sitting in the garage while I drive my '02 Silverado 2500. I Love the Engine/Trans combo and Have custom programming in it thanks to HPTUNERS.

I decided that what I really wanted is a 1969 Camaro with an LSX Eng and modern suspension. I had a tough time finding the "right" Camaro. I certainly could not "destroy" a pristine Z28, SS, etc. by putting an LSX in it.

Just before Christmas last year the "perfect" car became available. It is a 1969 Deluxe Coupe. I bought if from its second owner and it is in original condition. (except the engine) It has a 350 CU.

Then with my birthday around the corner I began looking for the items needed to make my LSX '69. when I stumbled one evening upon a Corvette Z06 "Rolling Chassis". I could not sleep for a week dreaming about this. It would be perfect. Alot of work but perfect. Alot of money.... Alot of work..... But, maybe I could get some sleep. So, I swallowed my adams apple and bought it. Now here I am time to get to work on it. I will check to see if anyone has done this already. But I am here for advise... I intend to build a bebsite to track my progress. But, it may be as exciting as watching a snail race.

See you around

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome Tony! Sounds like you got you hands full for sure...Best of luck on your projects! From another Northen California member...:D

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Welcome Tony. Good luck with the project. Keeps us posted. BTW we like pictures.
There's also some good info on LSx swaps over at http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/
Check out the conversions section.

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
Ditto on eville's advice. Those folks can answer about any question on your hopeful conversion. Once your done make sure you come back and share your new-found wealth of knowledge. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Tony. Good luck on your project car. Post some pictures soon :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Welcome to the site Tony . If you need any help from us Nor Cal guys just let us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts