Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beers: Hello, sorry I didn’t introduce myself before my first post in the engines section. I’ve watched this sight for about 3 years and have learned a lot. It’s great to find a sight that you can get so many suggestions on solving a problem. It seems many of your members are very knowledgeable and have years of experience. That really helps when everything seems to be going wrong.
I’ve been messing with engines since the 1970s. Also, picked up a year long class in automotive machining in a junior college. However, I don’t do this for a living cause I don’t want to get burned out on my hobby.
My present toy is not a Camaro. It is a 1981 Firebird that was powered by a Big Block Chevy. It had this engine in it when I got it but it was basically stock. I bored and stroked it to 496. Before it ate its roller cam it ran great. It looks like the engines going to be out of the Firebird until I can find out why the cam died. So, in the meantime, I guess I’ll play with my 1947 Jeep. The Jeep is stock except its powered by a 215 aluminum Buick V8. It makes the little Willys fun. I’ll keep posting as I take my big block apart. Thanks for the help on my BB. Keith

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Hello and welcome Keith. There are several members on here that also have Firebird projects going on as well as Camaros. Post some pictures of your current project when you can. We look forward to seeing them. :waving:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts