Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I found this site. I picked up a 1968 Convertible three days ago and will most likely be posting LOTS of question . It is a solid start for a restore most likely just going to be a nice driver though.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I'll give $400 for it :D I really will. Seriously, welcome to the site. As I'm sure you've found, there's lots and lots of information here.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew, Steve.

Best year and model...what else can I say, eh? Have a plan and TRY to stay with it...but you won't!:)

capt

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the TC Crew, Steve.

Best year and model...what else can I say, eh? Have a plan and TRY to stay with it...but you won't!:)

capt
Already change plans 3 time in 2 days lol. It does not have original engine am told it came with a 350. I have stripped 5 coats (Colors) of paint off the door . seats have been changed from white to black . had a white top but I received a brand new black one still in the box with it so I think it will change to black. I might go Yellow with it.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Hey Steve. Any pics to post :)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Was really serious on the "plan" suggestion. Sit down with the significant other (if there is one?) sort out your priorities and try to stick with a plan that may allow you to perhaps run the car, otherwise the costs can get the better of you, and you could end up with a pile of parts and wasted dreams... you will not be the first to have gone this route.

It's amazing how the dream can become a nightmare unless you take a long long at your restore and determine just how deep the pockets are, eh? I hope that you don't have to farm out a lot of the work as again, costs can escalate in this sort of endeavour.

Pick a plan that makes sense and reasonable as it sounds like your build is not in the specialty range and the return is down the road if need be. Again, keep in mind the end cost factor.

capt

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ted I will do this and TRY to keep with it . I have all these books and the parts (wish) list is getting pretty costly I am trying to stick to Need items not Want items for now.Thanks for this advice I see what you are saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts