Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
thank you, very helpful. my frame is very similar to yours. Do you have any pictures of the trunk with the sheet metal and fuel tank mounted? how is your frame attached to the body at the rear panel? I need to re-work this area on mine, I don't like the way we did it 30 years ago. I've been side tracked for the past week fixing my son and daughter in-laws car. Hope to be back working on my rust bucket next week

·
Registered
953 Posts
A few inch's of the original floor was left where it meets the rear body panel and quarters. You can kind of see in the top picture through the taillight opening there is a piece of 2X3 stock. That is welded to rear sub frame and the rear body panel. I'll have to look and see if I have any pictures of the interior of the trunk sheet metal. There is a 16 gallon fuel cell that takes up a good portion of the trunk. The battery is located in the right well behind the wheel tub.

·
Super Moderator
33,074 Posts
Welcome, Ken, and I wish you both the best in the recovery stage of the project.
Make a log what you do to her as it will be invaluable later in life.
Ice cream on second deck - I'm buying

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
got the old rust bucket moved into my miniature garage so I can work on it over the winter. My wife says its a 3 car garage, I just need to by smaller cars, anyone know where I can get a good fiat 500 pro-street roller?

As you can see, All I have left to do is everything! by the time its done, 98% of it will be imported sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Almost a year since this was updated - anything to report? Photos of your progress? I was reading this, and unfortunately, most of the pics were posted on photobucket :(

21 - 25 of 25 Posts