Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of selling a 1969 Z28 Cross Ram. It was purchased at an auction so I do not have the complete history of the car is there a way to tell if it is a factory Cross Ram car? I have tried to find some information the range of VIN's for those cars but have come up dry. Does anyone have any information or advice on how I should go about finding this information?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
The crossram set up was a dealer installed item, I am thing it came in the trunk. I am sure someone will chime in for verification.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crossram set up was a dealer installed item, I am thing it came in the trunk. I am sure someone will chime in for verification.
I am guessing there is no way to verify if it was added by the dealer or later without knowing the complete history of the car?

·
14,307 Posts
As there were no factory built with cross rams it was added later. By whom and when without verifiable historical documentation will be very hard to determine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Correct, there is no way to know if the intake was ordered with the car or put on later, unless you have the sales invoice. All the intakes were date coded top and bottom so if manifold dates and build date of car are close, that might be of some assistance. They are reproducing the intake, carbs and most other parts now to make a complete unit. I have some knowledge on these units if you wish to contact me.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Anyone have any back in the day experience with these setups on street cars? i never had one. The ones i was aware of, both these and STRs, spent most of their lives on shelves. On most street cars they were of no benefit other than looking nasty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I drove a 69 Z/28 with factory crossram set up for several years. I would manually adjust the idle up, start the car and let it warm up, reduce the idle, then drive it. Over 3500 rpm they certainly perform well up into the 7000 range, a very noticeable difference over the stock single Holley.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the flat rams were for road racing only, NOT for street, but, many found their way to street cars. Properly set up ignition curves and carb jetting make them work fairly well all thorugh the RPM range. Mine works just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts