Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey GM maniacs I need help! I’m building a 350 LT1 5.7L TPi Procharged build. I know how a base Tpi 350 works but I don’t know it’s limits. The dream is Procharge the 350, throw a T56 built tranny behind it, and a quick swap rear end for 4.10, 3.73, 3.53 gear swaps. I understand the tranny will need the works for a 500hp motor, clutches, servos, trans break, lock line. I’m just not certain what engine components won’t withstand the boost. I’ve heard my bearing caps will expand and shred my block. I’ve heard it’s not possible at all. I’m young and this is my first build. Looking for help specific items that will need backed up, reinforcement, or just completely swapped. Thanks

·
13,879 Posts
#1. With a T56 and 3.73 or 4.11 you'll have enough low and high that there is no need for a quick change.

A T56 magnum will handle 500 hp easy without any upgrades. There are no servos or clutches. You can not put a trans brake on a manual transmission.

Is your 350 forged? What CR? 4 Bolt mains? Heads? This will all play into how much boost the engine will take.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yup what he said... also, call ProCharger tech support, they can help advise which head unit and amount of boost to run.
Money spent on the bottom end will pay off in the long run. the PC can be added later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts