Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fiddling with my door glass now for a couple weeks and I still haven't got it right.

I've read the fisher manual a few times but it almost seems like I've just run out of adjustments.

The glass doesn't seem to line up with the quarter glass quite right and the glass sticks out at the back top corner about a 1/8". It also seems like the glass should roll up further however I have my inner panel cam bolt all the way up and the window stop is set all the way down.

I've also played with the inner rear guide bolts for the aft/fore adjustments. I'm all the way fore on the top one.

I've also adjusted my vent window just about as tight as the door frame will allow. That has helped a little. I suspect my glass needs to move forward some more but I dunno.

This is frusturating. I've uploaded a couple pictures. Any help appreciated.

http://www.knology.net/~davejurek/images/PB230001.JPG

http://www.knology.net/~davejurek/images/PB230002.JPG

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
Scooby I think we all have been where you are now. I fiddled a long time as well with mine. The best Ive seen in 'how to' is in the current magazine issue of Chevy High Performance. About 5 pages of how to align and replace the class in our camaros.
A good one for the bookshelf too.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Some of the after market door seals can create problems for glass alignment too. They tend to be a bit too firm.

-dnult

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I've been there too.Convertibles are even worse! I have had the best luck with loosening all adjustment screws on the door and quarter glass.Then close the door with the windows up and adjust it from the inside.When you get it where you want it,tightenen up everything,then check from the outside and make final adjustments if needed.Make sure all the tracks and rollers and lubed well also. It can be very time consuming and frustratimg,just take your time.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the sympathy LOL. :rolleyes:

Click, thanks for the article reference, I'll go check it out.

What happened is I had to replace the vent glass frames and that required pulling the door glass out. I did not touch the quarter windows and I did not replace any weatherstripping. The glass aligned before I pulled it, so it stands to reason it should line back up after I put it back, right? Yeah...not that easy.

Ironically, I had to do the same job on the driver side with the vent window and I also replaced the driver side door glass and the sucker lined up right off the bat with no adjustments! Go figure.

I'll play some more....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.