Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
daughter has a 95 with a 2 year old crate motor. car ran good for a year or more. has been nothing but problems. right now, it starts, then doesn't start. you just cant count on it. m otor is a 350, automatic tranny. any ideas? just tried jumping it and that didnt help. the car had been sitting for 4 hours and when she came back an hour after trying to start it, it fired right up. thanks,mom in wisconsin, daughter in florida!

·
Registered
18 Posts
First off, does the engine turn over when you tried to jump it? If not, I would suspect a wiring problem or bad connection somewhere. Check the terminals on the battery and the wires leading down to the starter. Somewhere its not making connection. Did that crate motor have a new starter or a used one? Maybe something to check. Its possible it may be something as simple as a bad ground. If it does turn over it might be a bad coil, plug wires or plugs.
Eds Toy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. the garage ordered a part for a blue wire in the wiring harness. had to wait 4 days for the delivery as they said they could only get it from gm. she just got the car and it did start. now the check engine light and the abs light are on and there is no air conditioning!! she will take it back in tomorrow morning and i hope they have it done by tomorrow nite as i am flying down to naples to ddrive back with her (if we are lucky enough) why is it always so difficult??? we are really start ing to hate either the car of the mechanics. thanks for the info and it is greatly appreciated. va

·
Registered
295 Posts
:)Hi vicki, I have a similar problem & I think my problem is bad wiring down to starter. But my camaro only does this when its really warm or hot. Because when it cools off it starts right up. I dont know if yours does this all the time or what but it sounds like electrical. Oh does it crank over or you dont get nothing. (click,click)?

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Might be heat soak on the starter...Try a search on this site on this subject...good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts