N O S A/C HOSE assembly for 69 ss 396
also need liquid lines from condensor
to dryer and from dryer to expansion valve
any and all help would be appreciated
i hope i posted this in correct forumn

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
There was a set of these two lines on Ebay last week, final price was about $60, which was a steal. They were from a SB but these two hoses are the same as a BB, it's only the compressor hoses that are different.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1808062335&r=0&t=0

They show up on Ebay every once and a while, and I think there is a for sale ad on this site for some A/C equipment from about mid January. The seller has some of the hoses (I got the dryer to evaporator hose from him though)

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

[This message has been edited by Mark C (edited 03-13-2002).]

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Have you tried all the parts suppliers (Ground Up, Year One, NPD ect.) and a local GM/Chevy dealer? Watch ebay as suggested and put an ad here www.camaros.net/ads/wanted Also start looking for places like GM Sport Salvage

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 03-13-2002).]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thinks for info i was not aware of sport salvage sounds like good place to start i have called everyone else they basically said good luck

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
There's a place in Fort Worth that makes new hoses. I'm in the process of supplying them a mock up of the suction hose for them to duplicate. All others are the same as small block. They're expensive...about $400 for the set of 4 hoses. I'm travelling, but email me if you are interested, and I'll send you their phone number when I get home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try Old Air Products at 817 531-2665. I just bought a complete set of lines for a SBC. It cost $240 for all three lines.

Don

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks i just got them all from old air in fort worth 260.00 with shipping for all 3
your help was appreciated thanks nice to
know about sports salvage also they did not have but may have something i need in the future

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
When I called Old Air, they told me that big blick and small block were the same. That is not correct. Were the ones you bought correct for b/b?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they told me they were different and also
asked if was original big block or converted
i talked to very knowledable guy named jerry
i am a professional tech and have a feeling
he knew exactly what he was talking about
the hose assembly off comp.is the only one different both liquid lines are same as small block due to the evaporator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts