Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the track last night and I missed 2nd and it grinded pretty bad. Now it won't go into first. I have the side cover off and everything looks okay. The slider will go over the sychro but it won't go onto the first gear. Please help.

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Are you sure the reason you missed second wasn't the linkage? If you can move the slider over to first gear with the side cover off it's either the shifter or something in the side cover.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mike, Sounds like you ground second gear bad enough that you mashed the slider spline and they wouldn't go across the inner hub splines far enough to engage 1st gear. You probably need at least a 1-2 outer slider...Hope this helps...Crash

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct. The slider was rounded off and under so that it could only go into second. Luckily my parts guy was there on saturday, so I might have a chance to break something else friday. Thanks for the repley's.

Mike

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Sorry I misread your post. You may not get away with just a slider if it's banged up that bad the syncro is dead and the engagement teeth on sec may need some cleaning up. I would recommend a torque lock slider it is the greatest cure for a worn out Muncie ever invented.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts