Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought the car and it is in need of some serious brakes probally needs drums all around "A" FRAME bushings and shocks. It also goes crazy after you reach a speed of 70 or so. The speedometer i think is 5mph to fast but i do know he changed the tires maybe they are to small i think the rear tires are 205 60r14's isnt that like a size too small?.

i was told if you pull the cable out from the speedometer (the insert part) and replace it not to lube it with like WD-40, only use vasoline or something is this true,

i dont know would you buy your drums at auto zone or try a junk yard for some that can be turned? maybe nows the time to goto disk in the front but wouldnt that take away from the original junk?. To many issues sorry

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Have you had your drums checked yet to see if they can be turned one more time?
I can speak from experience (due to the lack thereof) that the conversion to disk is not exactly a cake walk. Be prepared for some down time if you go that route.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If "going crazy" at high speed means the car has a wobble to it, it may be the center or drag link joint. This is the joint that fits into the Pitman arm. If you are doing a lot of counter steering to hold the car straight, this should be looked at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.