Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just overhauled my whole brake setup and here is the setup I have so far.

02 escalade hydraboost
stock front 67 camaro disc brakes
rear disc brakes with gm front metric calipers

I'm not sure which master cylinder I should run...what do you guys reccomend?

For the rear brakes can I run them to an adjustable proportioning valve then to the master cyl? For the front can I run the front brakes to a distribution block then to the master cyl?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Re: HELP! How do i setup my new brake system (master selection/routin

With that hydro, you can get away with a big master, 1 1/8" will work good. Wilwood makes a nice billet alluminum master.

Yes, you can use the drum/drum style distribution block if you want to keep the balance switch and brake light. Plumb everything just as the drums brakes were, and add an adjustable prop valve in the rear line, after the distribution block.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

With that hydro, you can get away with a big master, 1 1/8" will work good. Wilwood makes a nice billet alluminum master.

Yes, you can use the drum/drum style distribution block if you want to keep the balance switch and brake light. Plumb everything just as the drums brakes were, and add an adjustable prop valve in the rear line, after the distribution block.
Its been so long ago since i tore it apart. The factory distribution block on a 67 with full power drums has no proportioning valve in it right? Does it matter if the adjustable prop valve goes in front or behind the distribution block?

i wanted to run a factory master cylinder to keep the cost down. I heard about a 70 corvette master with a 1 1/8 bore and 4 wheel discs...is that what I should get?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

You can run the front brake lines from the master to a t and then to both calipers.
And yes you can just run the rears from the master to an adjustable prop and back.

Have you researched using those metric calipers out back with the stock front brakes?
Does not seem like a well balanced system to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts