Team Camaro Tech banner

Help! Huge loss of Torque and Acceleration.

835 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mtmajeski 
#1 ·
I am a proud owner of A 1990 Camaro Rs 305 V8 5.0L. I have done some research and i believe it is going into Limp Home mode, but the car will run great for a while then as soon as the Service Engine Light comes on there is a huge loss in torque and acceleration. If i turn the car off and back on the service engine light is off and car runs fine. Just changed oil and air filters and the oil. Any Help? I plan on taking it to autozone to have them read the code, but who knows if the service engine light will be on then..

#2 ·
A code will be stored in the ecm regardless of wether or not the light is on. You can also get the code from that car by jumping the diagnostic plug with a paper clip. If i remember correctly you jump the two plugs in the upper right corner of the diag. connector. Witht the key on engine off the check engine light will flash, ther will be short flashes and long flashes. it will flash code 12 4 times then your trouble code 3 times for each code then a code 12 again when all codes have been flashed. Let us know how you make out.

Dan E.
69 SS396 4spd. 4.11 posi. x66 coupe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.