Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please someone help! I thought I would suprise my husband and install his Hei dist in his 72 350 - looked easy...not! now when i try to start it, it cranks then kinda grinds like its freezing up...wont start - did once but never again...help, he's gonna kill me!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have it out of time , I doubt if you can fix it but I will tell you how if you want to try , take out the first spark plug on the side of the steering wheel in the front, this piston will have to be on top on the compression stroke you will have to turn the engine , if you can do that the take off the distributor cap look at the point on the roter button that is the wire that will be #1 then you will have to clockwise line up the plug wires 18436572 the first plug is #1 the one on the other side from it is #2 then so on the last one on the other side from #1 is #8 that is all I know to tell you but if I were you I would just leave it alone !!
he will be happy that you tried I know I would

[This message has been edited by 67rs327 (edited 11-04-2000).]

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Heellloooooo deena, are you still alive? Was he pissed, or does he know yet? How'd you handle it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts