Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've come across this gearbox which appears to be a Muncie. It's up for grabs at about 250$ and good muncies don't show up too often over in this part of the world.

Could someone help me ID this box and advise on what to look out for if I wanted to buy it? Casting number reads 3901131, which indicates it came from a truck if I'm correct.

I'm currently running a TH350 and this just seems like an opportunity to score an upgrade .

Cheers,
Jelle

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey guys,

I've come across this gearbox which appears to be a Muncie. It's up for grabs at about 250$ and good muncies don't show up too often over in this part of the world.

Could someone help me ID this box and advise on what to look out for if I wanted to buy it? Casting number reads 3901131, which indicates it came from a truck if I'm correct.

I'm currently running a TH350 and this just seems like an opportunity to score an upgrade .

Cheers,
Jelle

View attachment 266766 View attachment 266767
THATS NOT A MUNCIE ITS A PICKUP TRUCK TRANSMISSION FOR DOING WORK HEAVY WORK AND PUULING HEAVY LOADS WITH THAT BABY AROUND TOWN YOU START OFF IN SECOND BECAUSE FIRST IS WAY WAY LOW. A MUNCIE IS AN ALUMINUM CASE TRANNY THAT CAME IN SEVERAL VARIATIONS EARLY AND LATE AND SEVERAL GEAR SPREADS M20 WIDE RATIO M21 CLOSE RATIO M22 STRAIGHT CUT GEARS AND NOISEY GOOD FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS.DIFERENT MUNCIES ALSO HAD 3 OR FOUR DIFERENT FIRST GEARS DEPENDING ON YEAR AND POWER TRAIN COMBO . THE MUNCIE WAS REPLACED BY THE BORG WARNER SUPER T-10 A GOOD TRANNY ALSO BUT NOTHING POWER SHIFTS LIKE A MUNCIE. I BELIEV THE SUPER T-10 IS A BIT STRONGER THAN THE MUNCIE, BUT I COULD BE WRONG I AM NOT A TRANSMISSION MAN . IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER AND YOU BEAT ON IT YOU CAN BLOW ANYTHING UP ALEX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts