Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Hurst Competition Plus shifter which I bought at a swap meet. It is "supposed" to fit a Chevelle, Nova or Camaro. Can anyone verify this from the picture?
Someone at Team Chevelle suggested that it may be from a 68-9 Camaro. It does have an offset handle, but no identifying part number. There are numbers stamped into the shifter arms 2053 - 2182 - 2051, Any chance that these have some significance? Thanx for any help. Hurst Shifter

------------------
Rick Schaefer
68 Camaro
72 El Camino
TPI350/700r4

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
The stick arm doesn't look like most Camaro stick arms that I've seen.

As suggested, go to Mr. G and look for the part numbers in their replacement parts catalog. Numbers may not match up to current part numbers, but it'd be worth to check their current catalog as well.

Good luck

------------------
68 Camaro ragtop, original 327, angle plug Camel humps, 202's, Performer, Holley 650 double pumper, Doug Thorley headers, 3-speed Saginaw, 3.08 posi, subframe connectors, Addco sway bar

http://hobbystage.net/camaro/cjkaram/

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It looks like a home made upper part designed for Camaro. The handle is definity a late, replacemant. 67-68 Camaros didn't use Hurst shifters. 69's used a round lever. The body looks like an older style shifter due to the fact that it doesnt have the max. stop adjuster bolts..It made be an original 60's shifter body with alterations.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx all, I'm gonna take the mount bracket off and see if I can find some other numbers. I went to the Hurst web site & looked at the installation instructions for a variety of muscle cars. Didn't see anything exactly like it. If I find anymore #'s I'll call or email their Tech line & see if Hurst can help.

I may also take it to the local O'Reillys (nearest thing to a "speed shop " around here) and see if they have any catalogs that will help with the iD. BTW - Panther there are stop bolts on the front & rear faces. Again thanx for the help.
rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts