Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I look for the numbers. I have a 67 vert with a 350. I pulled the valve cover on the driver's side and found 85 in the middle of the back rockers close to the firewall. There is a 14 up towards the carb. Heading towards the front of the engine I found what looks like seven 8's, then in the middle I found 4GM and towards the front I found recro en mexico. And to add to the fun the PO was running motorcraft arf 4 spark plugs. I looked at the front of the engine on the ends of the heads but I don't see any numbers. I am not looking in the right areas? Thanks for any advice. This motor is some type of replacement 350 from the late 70's with a standard 68 intake and a qjet from 69. Anybody know about the ARF 4 spark plugs? They are shortys.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The casting numbers are under the valve covers. Those 8's that you saw is probably it, just needs cleaning better to see.
I'm gonna guess that those numbers you saw is really, 333882. Check again.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I took off the other valve cover and cleaned the numbers. It looks like 3888993 but after looking at the Mortec site I found this:
3998993....72-73...307/350......75cc chambers
3998993....current..350.........Goodwrench crate motors,"Hecho en Mexico", 75cc chambers
Does anyone know about these heads?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I see the same thing on my list, looks like the Mexico heads, but does the "current" mean they are still making those today?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
They are basic 76cc chambered 1.94/1.50 valved heavy casting smog heads. Not the greatest head out there for high performance use, but a pretty decent head for a mild street/daily driver type engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts