Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I am having several problems with my 89 RS 2.8 litre car (automatic). My camaro will start when I turn the key, but it cannot hold the idle, and it does not matter wether it is warm or cold out. I want to be able to turn the key and have my engine stay on and stay stong. Once the car is warm from driving it can hold the idle. Second problem. I am having an exceleration problem. I used to be able take off at a light and now I can't seem to muster up enought juice to keep it going. It is very sluggish, especially when driving between 10 and 40 mph. It is also very jerky. I can feel the transmission working properly, but between shifts the car does these little jerks as if something is not firing properly when it is suppose to. My mechanic said that it could be my timing chain. I have 103k on my baby and want her to run the way she used to. Any possible suggestions to fixing these problems would be appreciated. I can be contacted @ [email protected]

·
Registered
503 Posts
check the fuel pressure.

------------------
70 Camaro 307cid(350soon) /350th ex. dark purple (dark blue soon) in. black
74 Trans Am 400cid/th400 ex. red in. red power windows

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just changed the fuel filter about 4 days ago...could my fuel lines be clogged? Do I have to have my mechanic check my fuel pressure or can I do it myself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts