Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 69 about 4 years ago. I have a 69 with a 396, 4spd. I have bought the car in pieces from my brother, and had all the interior pieces to complete the inside. I installed the new carpet that came with it. I did not use any insulation between the floor pans, and the carpet. I think that the carpet is from JC Whitney, not my first choice, but it came with the car. My 4 speed console gets very hot at the boot also, it also has a new gm boot. I realize the headers are very close to the floor board, and are generating alot of heat. It was just a hair under 80 degrees last Sunday, and it was almost unbearable, the humidity was fairly high also. I'm sure it doesn't help that the car is a dark burgandy. Please help me, I don't have enough money to buy a Vintage Air system, as I am about to have the car painted. The A/C is a project for next year!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i suggest a product from Dynamat. there are several grades to choose from. that will keep heat and road noise out the inside of the car. it can be used in conjunction with the jute padding. some grades come with self adhesive back. i put it on firewall, doors, roof, package tray,and behind rear seat. works great, does add some weight if this is a concern. hope this helps.www.dynamat.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts