Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm considering getting Dakota Digital VHX gauges for my 1967 Camaro.

I'm changing the color to Rallye Green with white stripes...

My interior is black with hounds-tooth seats.

My car has the three gauges above the center console (after market) and NOT the center console gauges...

So, I'm trying to decide what color of gauges should I get?

And should I get the all in ones or the ones with the center console gauge pod? The later will require me to get another console or get the drimmel tool out and cut my console.

I'm leaning towards the all in one and not having to get another console...

However, I'm having a tough time trying to pick out a color for the gauges?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. Black alloy with white is a tiny bit closer to a classic aviation gauge style (although the black does have a slight texture you can't see in these pictures). The other colors are much more modern appearing. My bias is clear; perhaps this picture will help you?

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I installed the VHX and love them. I went with the silver/blue although they look white in the day light. My car is blue so it looks great. I'll probabl change all the lights in the interior to blue now.

If you want to keep it more natural and classic then the black with white light is the one to get.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm with Ben, Black alloy with white will go with your seats/interior/white stripes ...

Cheers
Steve

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,643 Posts
Another vote for the Black/white ones for your application. Whatever color you decide on, you won't be disappointed with the gauges. I have them in my camaro and love them!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black and white it is...
I was leaning towards that anyways, this just makes it an easier decision. Thanks for the suggestions!!

I'm also leaning towards the all-in-ones, versus modifying my center console or getting another console. This has been a big debate in my head. I do like the look of the center console gauges. But I'm torn. I know, it's my car do with what I want, but still...

One side of me is "Why cut on your good center console" and the other side is "But they look amazing"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts