Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the TAG DECODING section, but was hoping maybe one of you guys had a few minutes to help me out. I've been watching the site for a while, but this is my first post...Thanks, Mike

2 months ago I bought my 68 from a dealer in Ohio. I researched and found it to be an original Texas car last registered in 79. It wears SS badges and has alot of SS traits I am almost completely convinced.
Here goes: VIN # 124378N384591
Firewall Tag: 02C
ST 68-12437 NOR84560
TR 712 RR
Engine #: (has 2?, both on the pad on the pass side front, under the head)
T0306CGW 70S406784
Now the details, multi-leaf rear springs, brake prop. valve under drivers door, 28 coil hood springs BUT has a cowl induction hood? 2 nozzles sticking out of heater core, 4 wheel drum brakes, manual steering.

It came with a 4 speed but now has a TH400 and 12 bolt. Any info anyone could provide would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here is some info.

The block's code of CGW is for a 1970 Corvette 454/390hp. It was teamed with a 4-barrel carb, of course, and a TH400 trans originally.

Check the trans for a partial VIN. Maybe it will match the block. The hood could be easily changed. I think the power brakes became standard in the 1969 model year, so in '68 it could have had manual brakes. I know someone will correct this if it is wrong.

[This message has been edited by Silver69 (edited 11-01-2000).]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonna check the trans now...thanks for the info, so far it sounds legit.

Well, can't squeeze under it in my garage, and if I fire it up right now, I'll wake the dead. I'll check out the trans tomorrow, Anyone with any other questions or info on my car, I'd love to hear it...

[This message has been edited by 68SS454 (edited 11-01-2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts