Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my friends chevelle, we want to hide the msd 6a box out of site. Our problem is now connecting the 6A box to the msd distributor. Does anyone have a part number for some sort of extension harness? There has to be something for people who mount the 2 items farther than 6" from each other? I searched but turned up nothing. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,431 Posts
Nope. I extended mine using the same gauge wire, solder, shrink sleeving and mounted the box inside on the upper portion of the pass toe board next to the firewall seam. drilled a 1.25" diameter hole, put a grommet in it and ran the harness through it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I just added wire and put it in beside my battery in the fenderwell...can't even see it...

·
Registered
397 Posts
In my friends chevelle, we want to hide the msd 6a box out of site. Our problem is now connecting the 6A box to the msd distributor. Does anyone have a part number for some sort of extension harness? There has to be something for people who mount the 2 items farther than 6" from each other? I searched but turned up nothing. Thanks
MSD part 8860 this cable is 6ft. long about $12.00 hope this helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
MSD part 8860 this cable is 6ft. long about $12.00 hope this helps :thumbsup:

yeah, I was gonna say mine is so long it's almost a nuisance but I didn't have the p/n. til now. Thanks Doug.

and so I went and found it on their website, it's under accessories/harnesses

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
yeah, I was gonna say mine is so long it's almost a nuisance but I didn't have the p/n. til now. Thanks Doug.

and so I went and found it on their website, it's under accessories/harnesses
Wolf....They also sell replacement 2 pin connector assemblies so you can cut your existing cable to the desired length.

David F.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts