Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am at the end of my rope. I have wiring gremlins on my 69 and really need to just let someone else fix it- I know when to step away before things really go south. I know its nothing major. In fact, it is likely something fairly easy to someone who knows what they are doing, but that ain't me. I need either recommendations on a good wiring guy, or just come over yourself. I will pay in cash and adult beverages. I am in Sacramento. Thanks! Marc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah bugger... I'm in Redding, can't make it this weekend though. I do need to hit Sacramento for some stuff too.

I redid the entire electrical system in my '68, so I know my way around 'em. What's going on with your 69?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No juice from radiator support junction to fuse box is the first thing I see. I replaced the non-tilt with a stock tilt column. Also change from the 3 wire to one wire alternator. Darn it, I am so close to getting this done!!! HELP!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
No juice from radiator support junction to fuse box is the first thing I see. I replaced the non-tilt with a stock tilt column. Also change from the 3 wire to one wire alternator. Darn it, I am so close to getting this done!!! HELP!!!
Ok, so no juice from the driver's side junction to the box. Do you have juice / continuity from the passenger side junction to the driver's side junction?

Your batter *should* have a lead going from the positive to another small junction block on the passenger side. The feed wire to power the driver's junction runs under the radiator support header. That'd be the next link in the chain to check.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Get rid of the 1-wire if you can, they are not good and sorry I am to far south.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts