Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm trying to resurrect my '67 rs/ss coupe and get it roadworthy. For some reason, I can only get the windshield wipers to work in the "Squirt" position. That is, wipers only work when the switch is depressed, and with the switch in either "on" position, nothing. I'm not sure if the issue is in the switch, or possibly the motor. Can anyone tell me if there is a troubleshooting process for this, or what terminals should have power in either switch position? any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I chased this around some yrs back.. so from memory.. and both the following occued at different times
1/ The switch has to be grounded and from memory its grounded thru one of the mounting switches
2/ Take the cover off the motor/ pump unit on the firewall... watch the pump pull the wheel around on squirt...on the right side is the metal lever that pulls the wheel cog... if u remove this and inspect u may find that the rectangle slot in the lever is worn by a smidgen.. couple thu....a touch with a mig welder, re file to shape and good to go again for another few decades.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I'd say your switch contacts are bad. I'm not sure the 67-68 switches are rebuildable but they are easy to get a hold of.

You can test easy. The wiper motor has power to it, the switch ground and completes the circuit. Here is a bench test diagram from another post here at TC. It is for bench testing if the wiper is off the firewall, but you can test in the vehicle by removing the leads and jump the single wires to a ground such as the dash support to test.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
I hope someone with knowledge of 67's joins in here. The test procedures above are for 69 and they have a different motor completely. I do think the problem is with the switch and it ground. I believe all the GM wiper motors are hot feed and the ground is changed to get the functions of low, fast wash and park.

Jeff

·
Registered
484 Posts
Having an issue with mine as well. Also a 67 new aaw harness.
i have power the motor the motor is grounded by the mounting bolt has a strap going from bolt to inside motor.
I get nothing no matter were the switch is set. Did you find a solution,to yours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts